We all know about the 80/20 Rule in Sales. 20% of all Salespeople sell 80% of all products or services. It has always been that way, no matter what the product or service and where they are selling.
That 20% are the Top Sales Performers. I have taught and coached Top Performers for over 20 years. The Top Performers plan on maximizing their opportunity to sell every day. They have a plan to sell and that includes not only what they do daily but what they don’t do. They will not do anything that could jeopardize the sale. They understand the value of every opportunity to present their product or service and they maximize that opportunity.
Here is a list of 10 Things Top Performers Never Do:
- God gave us 2 ears and 1 mouth. A Top Performer will never talk more than they listen. They understand that to be a great salesperson they must be a great listener.
- They never use the word DEAL. Top Performers understand the word DEAL, is a negative so they change the word to Opportunity. Prospects are leery of a DEAL but look forward to an Opportunity to save money.
- They never use the word COSTS. Top Performers understand that the word COSTS paints a picture in the prospects mind of removing money or a credit card from their wallet. They change the word to INVESTMENT. COSTS is a negative meaning loss of money and INVESTMENT is a positive word which causes the prospect to expect a Return on their INVESTMENT.
- They never use the word SIGN. Top Performers know that we have all been told to “Never SIGN anything until you read the Fine Print because that is where THEY WILL GET YOU!” The word SIGN is a negative and Top Performers will replace the word SIGN with OK or APPROVE.
- They never say the word “NO”. Top Performers understand that they are guaranteed that if they never hear the word NO from the time they begin their presentation until they end their presentation they will get the sale. They are not going to be the one to break the guarantee.
- They never launch into a presentation without getting the prospect’s name. Top Performers understand that people like to hear their name and they want to use it as often as possible during the presentation.
- They never leave their home or office without their Presentation Manual. Top Performers understand that there is never a bad time to give a good presentation and there is never a good time to give a bad presentation.
- They never argue with the prospect. Top Performers understand that the prospect will always get the last word in an argument and if that word is NO they lose the sale.
- They never talk politics. Top Performers understand that 50% of all prospects favor one political party or the other and in talking politics they are most likely going to offend 50% of their prospects.
- Last but maybe the most important. Top Performers will never lie to the prospect. They understand that prospects buy from people they Like, Believe and Trust and they understand that if they get caught in a lie that the customer will not like, believe or trust them and not buy from them. Top Performers understand that there will always be more prospects and more presentations and there is never a time to lie to a prospect just to get a sale.
Top Sales Performers have a plan to maximize every opportunity to get the prospect to benefit from the purchase of their product or service and they work that plan daily.
Top Performers see their Untapped Potential and they are willing to work their plan to achieve that potential. Top Performers live every day with the intention of becoming all they are destined to be.
Jeff Raver is a John Maxwell Certified Speaker, Coach and Trainer and has been training and coaching Top Performers for over 20 years.
If you are ready to lift your Sales Lid and become a Top Performer contact Jeff at Jeff.Raver@BeginToWinNow.com for a FREE Consultation.